Apple Crumble with a treat

9:59 pm




Hello! What wild weeks I had, from dislocating my finger and having 2 fracture lines on my bone, having a massive bad tummy and then having subungual hematoma aka runner's toe (i always had it but never knew what it was called and blamed it on my clumsy self) on BOTH my big toes which is making it so hard for me to walk and move around *insert depressed face*

So of course, food is the only thing that can cheer anyone up! ;) sad, angry, poor or sick, people still turns to food. Everyday, I constantly read up on new recipes and pin on my favourite food found in cafe/restaurants that I would love to reimprovise them and make a receipe of my own. Home-bakes always taste different and somehow, I really love that homely taste.

Thanks to Cels, she had this brilliant idea for this treat.

So dessert of the week: 

Apple Crumble


Under these beautiful crumbs....


Are apples, sprinkled with cinnamon, a hint of lemon and cooked to soften + moist the apples to produce sweetness to the core of the cup. Some recipes would recommend Granny Smith's green apple but #2brokegirlskitchen used red apples and it worked perfectly well!


Just when I was about to dig my fork into the cup, my dearest partner suggested to me, what is complete without a wholesome scoop of vanilla ice cream? And it had to be Haagen-Dazs ice cream. Mmmmmm yes. 


Try it yourself! :) 

Recipe

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Basic crumble topping

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  



  1. Step 1
    Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Combine apple, lemon juice, cinnamon and sugar in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir until sugar has dissolved. Cook, covered, for 8 to 10 minutes or until apples are just tender. Transfer to a 6cm-deep, 6 cup-capacity ovenproof dish.
  2. Step 2
    Make basic crumble topping: Using your fingertips, rub ingredients together in a bowl until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
  3. Step 3
    Sprinkle over apple. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes. Serve with cream, custard or ice-cream.


Let me know how it goes!
Victoria

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook




Flickr Images

Instagram

@thepinksoldier

Subscribe